Education Days are special days in May and June when teachers are encouraged to bring their classes to Lake Compounce for educational field trips that help bring learning to life. Discounted pricing and self-guided educational programs make the trip easy and fun.
Education Days Dates:
$15.25 per student with a group of 10 or more.
Advance reservations are required. Call 860-583-3300 x6906 or Book Online.
AVAILABILTY IS LIMITED, CALL OR E-MAIL TODAY!
Kids' Class (Grades K-3)
Discovery In the Park (Grades 4-7)
It's Alive! (Grades 4-7)
The Science of Force and Motion (Grades 7-9)
Triassic Park (Earth Science)
Physics Fun! (High School)
2 Ways to Make Your Reservation
1. Call 860-583-3300 x6906 at least 2 weeks prior to your arrival date to reserve your tickets.
2. Book your reservation online.
1. ORGANIZATION CHECK
If you pay by check, your check MUST BE RECEIVED AT LEAST TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO YOUR VISIT. Checks will not be accepted on the day of your visit. There will be no exceptions. We do not accept personal checks at all.
2. CREDIT CARD
You may pay using a credit card on the day of your visit.
3. CASH, MONEY ORDER, OR BANK CHECK
Cash, money orders or bank certified checks are the only forms of payment that will be accepted on the day of your visit. These forms of payment will also be accepted in advance.
1. RECEIVE VIA MAIL
If you'd like your tickets mailed to you in advance, your payment must be received AT LEAST TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO YOUR VISIT. Tickets will not be mailed to you if your payment is received less than two weeks prior to your visit.
2. PICK UP IN ADVANCE
You're welcome to come to our offices and pick up your tickets in advance, provided you call several days ahead to schedule an appointment. Cash, money order or bank check will be accepted. If paying by organization check, your check must be mailed two weeks prior to the date you'll be picking up your tickets.
3. PICK UP ON DAY OF YOUR VISIT
The group contact is the only person who can pick up tickets on the day of your group's visit. Credit card, cash, money order or bank certified check are the forms of payment accepted.
We Recommend that you pre-pay and save time!
Once you've determined how many people will be attending, print out your reservation confirmation,
and mail it with your payment at least two weeks prior to your visit. Your tickets will be printed and shipped to you.
- Partial answer keys are available in advance. The programs are designed to be open-ended with responses that require the students to develop their own solutions to the questions. It is intended that students justify their answers.
- Each Group Leader is responsible for collecting the admission fee from their students prior to arrival at Lake Compounce. Tickets may be purchased in one block, either in advance by mail or at the Guest Relations Office upon arrival at the Park. Lake Compounce accepts cash, VISA, MasterCard or Discover. (sorry, checks are NOT accepted the day of the event, there will be no exceptions). Students and chaperones may not purchase tickets individually at the park.
- There is a minimum purchase of 10 tickets required.
- Park Admission tickets for 2012 Education Days are $15.25 per person. One chaperone is FREE with every 10 paid students. Individual ride tickets are not available. There is an $8.00 parking fee per vehicle. Bus parking is free.
- Lake Compounce gates will open at 9:00 a.m. on each of the special Education Days. Ticket windows open at 8:45 a.m.
- Teachers are invited to a Hospitality Area at 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. in the Croc Pot restaurant.
- Bag lunches may be brought into the Park during Education Days provided they are taken to and eaten in designated pre-determined areas. Sorry, there is no refrigeration or transportation provided for bag lunches.
- Lake Compounce will offer two special $6 ticketed Meal Plans during Education Days: One plan offers a hot dog or hamburger on a roll and french fries from Carousel Cafe or The Parkside Diner. The second plan offers two slices of cheese pizza from Harborside Pizza, or a personal pizza from the Market Place. Soda is provided free for all students throughout the day. Meal Plan tickets may be purchased in advance or in one block at Guest Relations on the day of your outing.
- For groups of 100 and more a catered meal is available. Please call 860-583-3300ext. 6906, 6914 or 6915 for more information.
The outing shall be governed by all policies and rules which Lake Compounce has established for safe operation of the Park. Discount group pricing cannot be combined with any other offer. Rides are subject to availability. For safety reasons, some rides have size and height restrictions. Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times except in the Crocodile Cove area. No person shall bring alcoholic beverages into the Park. Lake Compounce does not offer personal paging. However, bus departures may be announced through Guest Relations only. Be sure to pre-arrange a meeting time and place before your visit begins.
Q: What time does the park open on the specified Education Days?
A: Ticket windows will open at 8:45 a.m.. The gates open at 9:00 a.m.. The park will close at 4:00 p.m. on most days. Check the park's operating schedule for closing times.
Q: Is it necessary to participate in a Lake Compounce Education program?
A: No. Many classes and schools use their visit to Lake Compounce as a fun day for the students instead of holding a "field day" or an end of the year party.
Q: Is Physics Day the only date to use the physics program?
A: No. Any program may be utilized by an educator on any of the Education Days.
Q: Are Guides/Chaperones provided by Lake Compounce to escort students during their visit?
A: No. The programs are self-guided, though it is recommended that students be chaperoned as appropriate for their age.
Q: Where are the answers to the programs?
A: Using the information gathered at the park, students are to develop their own solutions. The program questions were designed to be open-ended. Partial answer keys are available in advance.
Q: Will the park be crowded?
A: Education Days reservations are restricted to approximately 1/3 of our normal operating capacity. While the park is not closed to the public, typically there are few "non-education" guests visiting on weekdays during the Education Days.
Q: What if it is raining on the morning of our scheduled date?
A: If it is necessary to cancel your day, please call the Lake Compounce Group Sales office as soon as possible. At that time, you may reschedule another date.
Q: Will pre-paying for the tickets really help?
A: Yes. It will save you time. No ticket lines to wait in and you can pre-distribute the tickets to the students on the bus.
Q: What if I pre-purchase my tickets and later find I need additional tickets?
A: Additional tickets may be purchased at Guest Relations on the day of your visit by the group contact.
Q: What if I purchase too many tickets for the date?
A: Once your students are in the park, bring the unused tickets with a copy of all the paperwork you were sent to the Guest Relations windows (located in the main entrance plaza) for a refund.
Q: How do the students receive their Unlimited Free Soda and water?
A: There are various self-service soda stations with a supply of cups throughout the park.
Q: Will Lake Compounce offer free coffee & pastry for chaperones this year?
A: Yes. There will be a hospitality area set up in the Croc Pot cafeteria from 9:30 a.m - 11a.m..
Q: What about lunch?
A: There are four different options.
- Lake Compounce will have food stands open throughout the park. There is a variety of food and beverages available for purchase including hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, french fries, chicken tenders, salads and sandwiches. We recommend that students bring $7 - $10 for food purchases.
- Lake Compounce will offer two special $6 ticketed Meal Plans during Education Days: One plan offers a hot dog or hamburger on a roll and french fries from Carousel Cafe or The Parkside Diner; the second plan offers two slices of cheese pizza from Harborside Pizza, or a personal pizza from the Market Place. Soda and water are provided free for all students throughout the day. Meal Plan tickets may be purchased in advance or in one block at Guest Relations on the day of your outing.
- For groups of 100 and more a catered meal is available. Please call 860-583-3300 ext. 6901, 6914 or 6915 for more information.
- Students are also permitted to bring bag or box lunches provided they are brought to and eaten in designated, pre-determined areas. Sorry, there is no refrigeration or transportation provided for lunches.
Q: Where is Lake Compounce located?
A: Lake Compounce is conveniently located in central Connecticut (Bristol) about two miles from Exit 31 off Interstate 84.
Advance reservations are required. Call 860-583-3300 x6906
AVAILABILTY IS LIMITED, CALL OR E-MAIL TODAY!